Sometimes, skin care can seem less about nourishing the skin, and more like a science project, but the secret to healthy skin is less complicated than you think. One vitamin, Niacinamide, better known as vitamin B3 works wonders on our skin. Here are the top five most beneficial uses of topical niacinamide in topical skincare.
- Niacinamide is a compound molecule composed of niacin and amino acids. This compound helps support the cellular production skin cells, which in turn results in more youthful skin.
- Niacinamide supports the production of two enzymes NADH and NADPH. Without getting too scientific, these enzymes help support the cell’s mitochondria; which give cells energy and supports the lipids in the skin. As we age the production of these enzymes decrease, but niacinamide helps the skin to continue to make them, resulting in naturally more youthful appearance.
- For years niacinamide has been used to treat inflammatory skin disorders like rosacea and acne. This is because niacinamide works to reduce inflammation in the skin, which results in less redness and irritation. Also, it helps control the production of sebum in the skin. Over production of sebum in the skin causes acne in most cases.
- Niacinamide also helps hydrate the skin cells, which results in reduced appearance of fine lines. Hydration assists in keeping the lipids in the skin healthy, resulting in less wrinkles over time. This also will help reduce the appearance of other skin disorders like psoriasis, acne and rosacea.
- Finally, as if niacinamide hasn’t done enough already, It also will reduce hyperpigmentation caused by the sun. Hyperpigmentation results in unwanted sunspots and age spots. Also it will reduce the appearance of acne scars and pigmentation caused by other skin disorders as well.
There are many skincare products that will claim to include niacinamide as an ingredient, but not all contain enough niacinamide to produce the desired results. Click here to learn more about Skin PhD products that include this wondrous ingredient; and will have you on your way to more beautiful skin!
To see the top